Thursday, November 06, 2008

NOVEMBER RAIN

What’s with November 1’s rain? I was home in Albay for All Saint’s Day and by tradition, my family and I would go to the cemetery and visit our relative’s grave and it rains everytime! This year was no different. It was sunny the entire day but come afternoon, it was pouring!

This is the second year that we are visiting Lola's grave. When she was still alive, I remember accompanying her to visit Lolo's every feast day. We would go to the cemetery late in the afternoon and stay a couple of hours more after the 6pm mass. Lola would sit there for hours (in the rain), being the gracious host to the other immediate and distant relatives who would come visit. It's always festive, celebrated just like an annual reunion.

This year, we got together, prayed, lighted some candles, brought flowers and took lots of pictures. I miss Lola.

Together at last...

No comments: